1.31.2006

swimming in winter

So Tyler started his first day of swim lessons today...twice a week for 4 wks. Lessons are held at the high school Tues. and Thurs. Okay, this picture is not of him at his swim class...I think I would have probably turned him beet red if I started taking pictures infront of all the other kids on his first day of swim class. Just imagine him in a pool sans the inner tube and water shoes. He had so much fun today that he can't wait for Thursday to come. I'm so glad he enjoyed it, because he's been rather apprehensive about learning to swim for the past few years that I wasn't sure how well he would take to these lessons. We've also told him the importance of learning to swim for the greater good-e.g. rescuing a drowning person, or a sibling for that matter. Especially with the coming of a new baby, I think he understands the necessity...and I'm so thankful he is enjoying the process too. In addition, this week he's ridden his bike to and from school alone! What a new feat for him and for us as parents (although it seems to be a bigger deal for us parents than it is to him). No more accompanying him to school in the morning unless he asks us to. He seems very excited about his new freedom and enjoys the "commute" despite the cold weather.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails