3.09.2010

top ten tuesday

i'm not a morning person by nature.  i don't jump out of bed, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, ready to start the day.  if i have an alarm, i'll press snooze at least 10 times before i'm officially up.  and then it takes me another 5 minutes to actually sit up and get myself out of the bed.  if you try to talk to me, i might respond.  for some reason, the kids don't get this about me and they like to attack me with words before the 10 o'clock hour.

and now, getting up at 6 a.m. every. single. day. doesn't help (that's gibson's new wake-up time.  but i guess i'll take it since i don't have to get up in the middle of the night anymore).  but what gets me through those early mornings is c.o.f.f.e.e.  just let me have a couple of swigs sips and i'll be as alert as a man-eating watchdog.

so this week's top ten is a tribute to my caffeine addiction, because at this time all i can think about is drinking more coffee...

top ten favorite coffee beverages:
1. double tall americano (hot or iced it doesn't matter, just give me the goods) with cream and 1 raw sugar. 
2. doppio con panna with 1 raw sugar. 
3. double short latte with 1 raw sugar.
[i really, really miss being able to get this in cleveland.  none of the local coffee shops i've been to have offered the 8 oz. cup.  the 12 oz. gives me too much milk and i end up losing the coffee flavor.  plus i don't need the extra calories.]
4. good old drip coffee with some cream and 2 sugars.
5. double tall mocha (hot or iced depending on the season).
6. shot in the dark.
7. double espresso over ice and little bit of cream.
8. french press coffee.
9. granitas with an extra shot of espresso.
10. stove top espresso coffee.
if you are a caffeine dependent like me don't be ashamed...it's okay.  let's share some of your favorite coffee or caffeinated beverages.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm more of a peppermint or english breakfast tea person myself, but when I do drink coffee, I like the good stuff. (I mostly order decaf though- I know sacrilege.) Caramel Macchiato Mmmm

SarahHub said...

I'm with Melissa - caramel macchiato all the way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails