1.11.2009

quirky moments in marriage

with emma napping and tyler out sledding, aaron and i had a little bit of alone time this afternoon.

you would think that we would take advantage of this time together to chat and catch up or do something romantic since we don't get a lot of it. but no. we decided to spend those precious moments measuring our beauty.

and i mean, measuring in the literal sense.

taking our cue from the show "true beauty" (which is one of those shows that you don't plan on watching, but get sucked because of its cheese factor and for some odd reason it's humorous watching other people make a fool of themselves), which we watched the night before, we spent the next 10 minutes measuring each others faces with a measuring tape. the show was rating each person's beauty based on facial measurements and other physical attributes that they measured.

anyway, that's what we did. it was so silly. we laughed at ourselves for doing it in the first place. what a strange sight it would be if someone walked in on us. one person, measuring tape in hand, pressing it against the other person's face. yes. very strange.

but i think that's what makes our relationship unique and why we both get along so well. one of things i love about being married to my husband is that we can let our guards down to the point where we're not afraid to do something weird like that together. it's our inside joke. it's what makes us...us.

do you and your spouse ever have one of those quirky (possibly deemed as strange to outsiders) moments?

7 comments:

Connie Krebs said...

Our quirk usually comes out when we are trying to have a romantic moment... like leaning in for a nice kiss and then hubby will decide to be cute and smush some dessert in my face and then a food fight breaks out. Our intimate life is more like a sitcom from friends than anything!

Anonymous said...

for the record, the space from the inner opening of my eye to the opening of my ear is exactly the same on both sides thus enhancing my overall beauty score....aaron

Prasti said...

your true beauty shines through, my dear husband.

Ponytails and pretties said...

I can totally see you guys doing that! I thought the show was awesome by the way!!!

Corrie said...

Have to admit, I watched it too (and wondered about my own beauty number.) I know in my theatrical make-up class, we had to evaluate our faces for anything non-symmetry and then use make-up to mask & correct these features. Don't remember what my corrections were, but it was an interesting exercise.

I do have to laugh at your tape measures, can see you both doing it.

Mamajil said...

I've never seen the show but now I am curious about it....

I think its the quirky things that create "history" in any marriage...

we do a silly things too and that is what makes it fun...even after 23 years :)

SarahHub said...

This is exactly something Chris and I would do! I think those quirky and strange things are the real personality in your marriage!

Related Posts with Thumbnails