2.26.2009

pregnancy update: 2...my belly has turned into a huge bowling ball

i was at my 6 month (or is it officially 7 month??) visit yesterday and discovered i had gained 11.6 lbs. in 2 months. i was so shocked i almost fell off the scale (that would not have been good). 131 lbs. and i'm only 2/3 of the way to the finish line. i don't recall making such a huge leap in that short of time with emma's pregnancy...














end of 25th week with emma.















26 weeks with baby 2.


of course, i popped out earlier this time around, and i'm going to credit my ginormous bowling ball of a belly (at least that how it feels like) for the rapid weight gain :).

anyway, the check-up was great. emma was very fascinated with the whole examination process, and thought it was very cool to hear the baby's heartbeat. she has come with me to almost every appointment so she is very familiar with the routine...even reminding me to use the cup and where to put it afterwards when i had to give my urine sample.

i did not see my regular midwife since she is now starting her own practice through a different hospital (15-20 minutes away from our house). i'm still trying to decide whether or not i want to transfer over. even if i transfer, i'll still be able to deliver at the hospital closer to our house (which is only a 5 minute drive if that). i had wanted to try a waterbirth this time around, and my usual midwife is really the only person in the area who has any experience (actually, the midwife i saw for emma's pregnancy was also experienced in waterbirth, but she no longer does deliveries). anyway, there are some other issues to consider so i'm glad that i've got some time to figure it out.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

You have the most perfect, cutest pregnancy belly!! I feel like I just expanded all over this time in addition to popping out way earlier.
I'm not sure if you are aware, but the two midwives at Westshore Midwives also do waterbirth deliveries. I tried to get in with them, but the doctor overseeing their practice felt I was too high-risk. The website is www.westshoremidwives.com/ if you are interested. I think they only deliver at St. John's Westshore though. They do take most health insurances as well.
Happy pregnancy blessings!

Tabitha Blue said...

Ok, you are stinking adorable!!!! You look great!! I can already notice a different with my second pregnancy at only 2 months. I really wasn't showing at all with the first and I can tell that I'm a little bigger this time. It's the way it goes I guess. But, you look great!

We are considering a waterbirth as well and we are using a midwife, at our homebirth. We'll see how it all goes as time goes on. Good luck, it's not always easy making those decisions... just do what you're comfortable choosing!!! You know what's best. And, how exciting!! I can't wait to hear how it all goes!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Anonymous said...

wwwwhhhhooooaaaa that's so crazy how much bigger your belly is this time around!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails