9.17.2008

let's talk about soup

one of the simplest, healthy, in a pinch meals i like to make is miso soup. it's excellent if you're craving something light, need a little snack without filling up your tummy, or need something to warm you up. granted, you probably should like seaweed and tofu as well, if you want to eat miso soup.

this soup was so easy to make that i enlisted emma as my assitant. after filling the pot with water, i had emma add the wakame seaweed (dried), cubed tofu and sliced onions.













after adding a couple tablespoons of miso paste i let her stir the soup (with assistance and close supervision, of course) as it heated up on the burner.













as you can see, she thoroughly enjoyed every bite!














8 comments:

Simply Stork said...

yummy soup...

I'm stoppin' in again to say hello...

hello...blog train friend :o)

~simply~

Anonymous said...

Hmm, this might be a bit more all-natural than I'm ready to go yet, but maybe I'll work up enough nerve to get there someday! Your daughter certainly seems to be enjoying it--that's always a good recommendation.

Bill and Meg said...

Your food pictures make me hungry...mmm...

movefearlessly said...

that looks yummy - want to make some for me? :)

canadacole said...

That looks yummy! I've had miso soup in resaurants but hadn't realized how easy it was to make at home! We'll have to give it a try!

Unknown said...

Looks yummy! I love miso soup. It looks easy enough to make. I might have to try it out sometime.

Anonymous said...

Good on'ya Emma, cucuku lucu. ~Ibu~

SarahHub said...

Oh, yum! Evie loves miso soup!

Related Posts with Thumbnails