9.09.2008

while driving home, something hit me

sometimes it's easy to get too focused on what's going wrong or what you don't have in life and forget everything god has provided you with. i admit i'm guilty of it. why is it so much easier to complain than it is to rejoice?

so for all the negative things i tend to obsess on, here are all the things of the top of my head (in no particular order) that god has blessed me with:

1. my life
2. a supportive, loving, selfless, hard-working husband (who also is great at being a dad!)
3. a beautiful, sweet, helpful, chatterbox of a daughter :)
4.a helpful, giving, soon to be teenager of a son
5. his grace
6. transportation
7. food
8. warm, sunny days
9. cold, rainy days
10. coffee
11. his word
12. communication devices (e.g. mobiles, skype, e-mail, facebook, the world wide web, and even snail mail)
13. water (in more ways than one)
14. clothing
15. cross point
16. living in lakewood
17. friday night dinners
18. having a home where we can share our hospitality with others
19. being able to cook for others
20. our neighbors (on both sides)
21. aaron's job
22. my employer
23. my flexible work hours and their openness to bringing my kids to work.
24. blogging
25. the computer
26. electricity
27. family near and far
28. a warm bed to go to at night
29. heat and a/c
30. being able to provide for all of our children's basic needs
31. cold, snowy days
32. unending and everlasting love

5 comments:

Angela said...

What an nice idea, and I love your list!

meg said...

thanks for the reminders! you're right...i should definately do this more often!

Anonymous said...

Sooo true! Especially after going to India, I see what you mean about some of the basic things. :)

Kristin

SarahHub said...

This reminds me about a Gratitude Journal I read on someone's blog.

http://aholyexperience.com/2006/11/gift-list-thousand-things.html

I've been meaning to get around to this myself. Thanks for reminding me!

Prasti said...

sarah, thanks for the link!

Related Posts with Thumbnails