12.16.2008

handmade toys in danger

thanks to connie at thoughts of creativity bubbling over for bringing to my attention the dangers of the consumer product safety improvement act to small business (even local) toy makers.

this act will go into effect 10 february 2009. please go here or here for additional information on this piece of legislation and how you can voice your concern.

i try to support local artists as much as i can or even try my hand at making my own things, but it will be difficult to do so because of this law.

2 comments:

SarahHub said...

I read about this at 5 Min for Mom. I'll have to look into what I can do!

SarahHub said...

Okay, it was easy --

I wrote my congressman, my senators, and the CPSC. I also signed the petition and added the button!

Thanks, Prasti!

Related Posts with Thumbnails