12.09.2010

oh baby :: holy giant ball!

i thought i "popped" at 22 weeks, but now my belly feels even more ginormous.  you can say all you want about it not looking that big...but i. feel. big.

and my midwife only reaffirmed my giant belly suspicions this past monday when she said i was measuring at 28 weeks.  that's all well and good, except i'm 27 weeks today.  that means i'm measuring about 1.5 weeks bigger than where i'm supposed to be.
"i woudn't worry about it.  you probably just have some extra fluid," my midwife tells me reassuringly.

ha!  that's what she said when i was pregnant with gibson.  but there was no extra fluid.  just a big baby (compare emma at 6 lbs 15 oz and gibson at 8 lbs 4 oz. big, wouldn't you say?).

i gained 8.8 lbs in the last month.  that's a little over 2 lbs a week.  and now i'm supposed to gain about a pound a week until the end of my pregnancy?  i don't think i'll be pushing out a 7 lb baby by march.
right on target for another big one :)

2 comments:

Amber@Nater Tot said...

Okay, your tummy is big, but it's adorable! Big babies are great - I had an 8lb 13oz one myself :) I was just relieved that he was 9lb 14 oz like he measured on the sonogram! Btw - I gave you an award :) http://mylifewithnate.blogspot.com/2010/12/you-like-me-you-really-like-me.html

Melissa said...

A friend of mine had an 11 pound baby at home. It was her largest (out of 4), and she claims, her easiest delivery.

You are seriously the cutest pregnant mama. I'm lovin' the baby bump!

Related Posts with Thumbnails