3.07.2008

visit number one

had my first pre-natal visit w/ the midwife today. since this is my second time around everything was quick and straight to the point. just the way i like it. the only downside this time is that there are now 8 midwives @ the hospital instead of 3...yikes. that means that my chances of getting my usual midwife for delivery will decrease, because i'll be getting whoever is on call. but it's still better than the 30 some OBGYNs that are there (and there's no way i'll be able to meet that many during my whole pregnancy). at least whoever delivers the baby won't be a complete stranger. we did talk briefly about waterbirths. depending on the midwife i can either labor and deliver in the tub or just labor in the tub...interesting. i'm sure soaking in warm water would help w/ the labor pains...maybe if my labor is long enough this time around i'll try it.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails