9.10.2012

little dancer

my girl started her very first ballet class this past weekend. she was very excited, and so was i. actually, it's probably safe to assume that i was WAY more excited than she was.


as i was doing her hair and helping her get dressed for class i had flashbacks of my own childhood memories of ballet.  all those years and years and years and years of ballet, costumes, hairspray, blistery feet, rehearsals...the ballet studio was like my second home and i loved it.

we packed her mommy-made ballet bag with the essentials: spare tights, ballet slippers, extra bobby pins and extra hair clips.


her class was full of other little girls in black leotards and pink tights ready to dance.  we said our good-byes, and as i sat outside the classroom catching short glimpses of little girls fluttering and jumping around i couldn't help but feel excited for her again.


dance has been such a big part of my life that i can't help but hope that it will be the same for emma (and lani too).  i mean, i definitely don't want to be like a crazy dance mom or anything like that, but if she truly does want to be a ballerina when she grows up have a passion for it then i want to be there to support her.

2 comments:

The Wandering Daughter said...

Love the pictures of Emma. I hope she enjoyed her first ballet lesson. I definitely want to have Mira take dance lessons too, when she's older. She already loves to dance at home. Hope to see some more pictures of Emma dancing!

Michelle V. said...

I love this post Prasti!! Brings back memories for me too! I love seeing my nieces take interest in dancing especially ballet. Makes me happy and brings back lots of fond memories of our childhood!! I'm glad she likes it - she looks adorable in the leotard and tights!

Related Posts with Thumbnails