3.04.2009

a bit of time for me...

even with 2 kids, i don't ever feel like i'm lacking time for myself (though before emma i've had a few people remind me to "take time for yourself"). with emma still taking naps in the afternoon and ty at school until 3, i am grateful for the "me" time i get during that period of time. and being able to go out and do zumba or bible study, or whatever in the evening while aaron hangs out with the kids is wonderful "me" time too. but then again, i'm really not one of those people who needs to have a "me" time. i like being around people (family or not), because it's more fun for me to spend time with others than it is to spend time alone.

however...yesterday, i had some excellent extended "me" time while emma was whisked away to the zoo with gram, pap, and ben. if you'd like more photos and details of what emma did while i was pretending to be a lab rat on display, go here. if you're interested in finding out what i did (which i guarantee is not as fun as the zoo), continue reading below.

i was tempted to stay at home and do some laundry, but really i can do that even when emma is home. so as soon as they left, i headed to the Y to run walk on the treadmill while enjoying a good read. it felt good to exercise (though i'm not used to the whole walking on a treadmill thing...i prefer to run). i had the thing on an incline, and walking on an incline for 45 minutes kind of made me sore. goes to show how frequently (or infrequently) i exercise during the winter. i'm not a fan of taking walks in cold weather.

emma came home from the zoo very excited. i think she had a fantastic time. the highlight of her zoo visit this time: she saw "a monkey go pee-pee...on the daddy." that's our girl.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

what a funny little girl!

Mozi Esme said...

The things that leave the biggest impressions on little minds! Glad you got some me time...

Related Posts with Thumbnails