6.05.2008

farm fresh produce just outside our door

today was the day we started our CSA (consumer supported agriculture) pgm. through city fresh. it was very exciting to see what type of produce was in store for us for this week. it was also very encouraging to see people supporting our local agriculture. i even ran into a couple of people i know: library guy with glasses (we know each other but don't know names) and julie who owns our hood's cafe phoenix. the photo is a sample of what our $10 got us for the week. because i came towards the tail end of the pick-up time, they gave me an extra bunch of lettuce (they even offered me more) and an extra bunch of green onions (they would have offered me more of that too). for any of our local friends interested in finding out more about CSAs, please feel free to contact me.

i can't wait until next week!

2 comments:

Connie Krebs said...

What is this program?? Oh, and I go to Uncle John's Nursery in Olmstead Falls for the flowers, but they also have baskets and such for sale at Crocker Park on Saturdays.... beautiful stuff and great prices! For my veggies and fruits I use Giant Eagle or Petiti's, their stuff is going to be 50% off soon! Yay!

Blessed Beyond a doubt.... said...

This is way to cool! We're moving to Ohio. LOL!

We are starting to eat healthier, too. Organic and fresh dairy, etc.

Thanks for visiting me.

Jill
http://tonsofsons.wordpress.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails